Thursday, July 29, 2010

One More Sonnet in Her Name

One More Sonnet in Her Name
by Gideon Burton

Indulge me one more sonnet in your name,
My love, for you are subject I cannot
Exhaust.  Does thirsty earth grow bored with rain?
Could heaven by true Christians not be sought
Again and then again? As daily food
And yet more sweet to taste. As breathing’s breath
And yet more fresh and live. These are but crude
Comparisons, and yet as they from death
Preserve me, keep me whole and well, so you
Within the favor of your eye or in
The easy discourse we enjoy, or through
The daily chaos of the children’s din.
        Your presence is a godly gift and sure.
        Without you, love, no living I’d endure.



Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Feel free to copy, imitate, remix, or redistribute this poem as long as you give proper acknowledgment of authorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment